Cori & I
This weekend was nothing but net, as far as those goals are concerned. The activity was held at Brandon Springs in LBL (Land Between the Lakes).
Brandon Springs Dining Hall
Front of the Shirts
The Yummy Food!
Heaven being FLIPPED over Josh's back!
To the disappointment of everyone (except me!!), we hit the dorms after that & went to bed. Okay actually, we all ended up staying up till various times of the night chit-chatting about Harry Potter, Robert Pattinson, weight, boys, & the blessings of the gospel. Ya know, that might have just been my group of ladies........THANKS FOR THE AWESOME TIME SISTER PEW & SISTER MILLER!!!!!
Wake up was incredibly too early!!! 6:30AM!!! (That may not seem awful, but when you went to bed at like 1:30am, well......I'm old people, come on!!!) We went to breakfast (which was fab except the eggs may have been a bit "wet") & headed to the activity center to sit in front of a roaring fireplace & enjoy early morning testimonies.
The feeling that accompanied this gathering was so wonderful & full of truth. I was so inspired by the many testimonies I heard from the youth. They ranged from confirmation of spiritual strength in the face of adversity to the heartbreaking longing for something better in their lives. I was full of such joy & hope. I love these kids so much!!
After that meeting, the youth were seperated into two groups & the day was full of games:
Ninja!!
Can you spot the Poison Dart Frog?
Great Talk, but I believe some people were a little tired...LOL!!
& team building activities (SO HILARIOUS!)
| Dividing into Teams & Forming Letters |
| GET IN ORDER OF HEIGHT! Ur allowed to walk on the log, but if u step off u have to stay in that spot & step back on in the same spot! |
GET IN ORDER OF BIRTH MONTH
**But**.....NO TALKING!!! LOL!!
Everyone get their feet on the platform?????
Um....That's not working...
There ya go...way to think Mikayla!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stand on two beams, hold the ropes, & walk together
..................easy???
NOPE!!! (Poor Josh)
Helllllloooooooo!!! :)
They've finally got it......if Sinclair would stay on! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone needs to cross to the other side
......with the use of the long board & short board.
BTW....nothing can touch the ground
Smart kids, but sooooo suspenseful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My hope is that at least someone, young or old, gained strength from this weekend to help them in their lives. A testimony is soooooo necessary! Honestly, how can you make the important decisions in your life unless you have sincerely pondered if the gospel is true & actually applies to your life? This is where you gain a testimony.......by pondering (thinking), praying, & asking. I am so grateful for my own testimony. I know the Jesus Christ truly lives and has blessed us with a way to be forgiven, healed, & carried during troubling times, through his merciful Atonement. I am so grateful for the gospel, contained in the scriptures. I know that they contain the true word of God because I have sought these answers & have felt the truth through the Holy Ghost as a warm burning in my chest (& no that is not heartburn). I know that the Lord loves us as much today as He loved those in ancient times, and has in turn blessed us with Prophets & Apostles to guide us in these the latter days. I know these things BECAUSE I questioned it, prayed about it with an open heart, & listened for an answer. How grateful I am for this knowledge!


y'all are awesome! our stake is so blessed to have you. :) merry christmas!
ReplyDeleteHey! I'm one of the traveling sister missionaries now online (friend of alicia brasher). I just wanted to say that I love your sweatshirts! Come check out our blog/invite people to read it.
ReplyDeletemormonminds.blogspot.com